March 16, 2020 [updated March 22, 2020]
Dear Valued Clients –
With the evolving COVID-19 situation, Murray Hill Veterinary Associates has implemented several new protocols to minimize close physical contact. These changes are designed to ensure the health and safety of all clients, veterinarians and staff and to allow us to remain open to serve the needs of the community. Veterinary hospitals, along with the rest of the health profession, are exempt from the Governor’s recent “stay at home” order. We will continue to provide services to maintain the health of your pets.
- Limited client access to building - We would request that our clients call the clinic to notify our receptionists immediately upon their arrival. The client and their pet(s) will then be met by a veterinary assistant or technician at their vehicle in the MHVA parking lot. The pet(s) will be escorted into the clinic by the MHVA staff member and the client will be asked to remain in their vehicle. Soon thereafter, the client will be called by the attending veterinarian from the examination room and the patient’s health history and client’s concerns will be discussed. Once the veterinarian’s evaluation is completed, the veterinarian will review their findings and treatment plan with the client. At the conclusion of the visit, the pet will be brought back to the client by an MHVA staff member. All payments may be made from within the confines of the client’s vehicle.
- “Curbside” pharmacy and food pick-up – As requested above for clients bringing pets to the clinic, please call to advise us that you are in the parking lot and ready to pick up medications or food. A staff member will bring these items directly to clients in their cars. All payments made be made from within the confines of the client’s vehicle.
- On-line Orders – For those that prefer home delivery of medication refills and prescription food, orders can be placed from our website murrayhillvet.com by clicking on the Online Ordering tab.
- Easy rescheduling of appointments – We pledge to simplify the rescheduling process as much as possible for any client who is feeling ill. The CDC has requested that citizens with any symptom(s) consistent with COVID-19 self-quarantine and, in that light, we would request that clients feeling ill refrain from bringing their pets to MHVA. We will do our best to accommodate the needs of any client that must cancel or reschedule an appointment. Emergency situations involving pets owed by ill clients will be handled on a case-by-case basis, but please make sure to contact us prior to your arrival at the clinic so that we may offer detailed instructions as to what to do upon your arrival.
- Frequent and thorough cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces throughout our facility – Our staff will be working diligently to ensure that our clinic is kept as clean and safe as possible. Regularly scheduled sanitizing protocols have been put in place to minimize any potential exposure of staff, veterinarians and clients.
Please rest assured knowing that we are tracking COVID-19 developments across New Jersey and the nation very carefully, and we are closely monitoring the evolving recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control. We are committed to providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to our patients while preserving the health and well-being of our clients, staff and veterinarians in this challenging time. Thank you for the opportunity to care for your beloved pets.
We wish you and your families well.
The staff and veterinarians of Murray Hill Veterinary Associates